Day 2 : August 28, 2011
The Impression of West Lake
What makes this show so special?
- It is an outdoor performance, starts in the evening at 8 pm, runs 365 days per year, even if it's raining, or snowing.
- It is performed on the water of West Lake, Hangzhou
- The stage is just several centimeters depth in the water and it's grand, amazing, extravagant, and beautiful
- The Director is Zhang Yi Mou
- The music is arranged by Kitaro
- The singer is Zhang Liang Ying
- The story is taken from the local legend, The White Snake Legend
Some said that this show was too difficult to understand. Actually the story has 6 parts :
1. Bai Su Chen (White Snake Lady) met Xu Xian the Scholar
2. They fell in love
3. They got married
4. The monk intervened to their love life
5. They parted. Bai Su Chen was casted in a Leifeng Pagoda.
6. They met again in their after life.
The entrance ticket was RMB 280 (not included in our tour program, it's optional).
It was raining when we got there, so a plastic rain coat was provided when we bought the ticket. It was still raining when the show began, so we were wearing those rain coat. Wahhhh ... it was difficult to take photos. Fortunately, the rain stopped until the show ended.
This show was magnificent, impressive, romantic, and very entertaining. It's worth-watching. If you have a chance visiting Hangzhou, I recommend you to watch this show.
Some photos taken during the show
Back to the Amethys Hotel. I really enjoyed all the programs of this day.
I wonder if this day could be the best day in our trip.
The next day would be our trip to Huangshan Mountain. We packed our clothes and things for 1 day and 1 night only in a backpack / small bag. Our big luggage would be left in the bus until the next day.
to be continued